This definitive guide will be focused on how to use Qbox with Quickbooks.
What Exactly is Qbox?
Qbox is a cloud-based collaboration tool for Windows PCs that allows users to upload data over the Internet.
Qbox establishes ‘Sync folders’ on the profile owner’s and shared users’ Windows PCs during installation.
Files copied into sync folders are transferred across the Web and copied into shared users’ sync files.
Structure of Qbox
Qbox is made up of two elements that are assembled during installation –
Users’ accounts on the Qbox cloud server, which securely stores their folders and files. The Qbox Web Dashboard, which appears after logging in to the Qbox portal, www.qboxplus.com, allows you to examine the data of the cloud server.
The Qbox Client programme runs on the user’s Windows PC and encrypts and syncs the user’s files to the cloud server in Qbox. The Qbox Client package includes the Qbox Explorer, which indicates the status of Qbox documents.
QBox vs Other Cloud Services
Qbox is a cloud storage service similar to Dropbox or Google Drive. The data exist on your pc, but they are also kept and saved up in the cloud, just like other services.
One reason to choose Qbox over other cloud storage is that utilising Google Drive or Dropbox will cause your QuickBooks files to become damaged over time.
Qbox, unlike all the other cloud services, was created with QuickBooks data in mind. Because of its capacity to prevent files from being used, your data will not become ruined over time.
As a result, other cloud services are more likely to suffer from this issue.
QuickBooks files aren’t the only ones that Qbox can handle. It can also share documents in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, PDF, and other formats.
Note: Qbox with Quickbooks is currently only compatible with Windows.
How does Qbox Work with Quickbooks?
To use Qbox with Quickbooks, follow the steps below –
1. Create an Account and Share Files
Users must do the following to create a new Qbox Quickbooks account –
- Go to Qbox’s website (www.qboxplus.com) and click Sign Up.
- Fill in your email id and name, then hit Submit.
- Open the email from Qbox and tap on the link to reset your password.
- Enter a password and hit the Submit button.
- Next, go back to the Qbox portal and approve the ‘End User License Agreement.’
- Fill in the firm name and phone number.
- Create and evaluate the Root Folder on the next page.
- Sync folders can be created, and additional users can be invited by inputting their email addresses.
- After that, click the Download option to install the Qbox Client Application.
- A login screen will show after setup. Insert the credentials that were previously created.
- Once the setup is complete, the Qbox icon will display on the screen.
2. Transferring Quickbooks Data to the Qbox Sync Folder
Both QBW and TLG files can be copied into the Qbox Sync folder because as Qbox accepts both formats. The techniques for copying files for Qbox Quickbooks are as follows –
Method 1: Manual Sync with Qbox Quickbooks
- Make a backup of all Quickbooks documents and save it to an external hard drive or a network drive.
- Select Manual as the Qbox Sync mode.
- Choose and copy QBW and TLG files.
- Launch Qbox Explorer and navigate to the Sync location to paste the copied files.
- Paste the files into the appropriate folders and allow time for the notification.
- To begin the synchronisation procedure, return the Qbox Sync mode to Auto.
Method 2: Qbox Quickbooks Auto Sync
Use the following approach to copy Quickbooks documents to the Qbox Sync folder if the Quickbooks account has been linked to other internet platforms like Intuit Sync Manager.
- Create and save a backup of all Quickbooks corporate files.
- Select Manual as the Qbox Sync mode.
- Begin restoring the corporate files from the backup file that was previously made.
- A window will display, allowing users to choose where they want to save the file. Select the Sync Folder from the Qbox Directory.
- Once the file has been restored, close it.
- The documents will be viewable in the Qbox Explorer’s Sync folder. Reload the Qbox Browser if the files aren’t viewable.
- Change the Qbox Sync mode back to Auto.
Files That Are Password Protected In Qbox
When you access a shared document in Qbox, it becomes locked, meaning no one else can change it.
Anyone accessing the content in their Qbox client will notice that it is locked and who is locking it.
While a person can read the file, they will not be able to edit it while it is locked.
Any modifications made to this file on my machine will sync with the Qbox file in the cloud. Then it will be sent to any Qbox clients that have shared this file with them.
It will take a few moments after the document is closed before a pop-up notifies you that it is syncing. The document’s check icon will also update to indicate that it is syncing.
Qbox will additionally display the sync progress at the bottom of the explorer panel.
When the completion bar vanishes, the sync icon transforms back to a check, and the time and date are current, and the sync is complete.
Read Also: How to Reconcile in Quickbooks Online?
Qbox Quickbooks is an easy-to-use application that makes file sharing between companies and clients a breeze.
It’s one of the best file-sharing tools for Quickbooks because of how simple it is to set up. The device is also reasonably priced, making it an excellent alternative for businesses.
Due to the difficulty of manual integration for Qbox Quickbooks, businesses choose automated platforms. It’s hassle-free, simple to use, and requires no technical knowledge.